Friday, September 25, 2009

Micah's March - Unite for the Cure!!

Wow what an amazing night. First I wanted to thank Nikki(my sister-in-law) and Cristin(an amazing friend) for the hard work and the time they spent getting everything organized for this fundraiser. I love you guys and I don't even have words for how much this means to me. I can't believe it. Nikki and Cristin have been wanting to get together and do something for the research that going on for SMA for some time now and thanks so much to Bill and Victoria, the Unite for the Cure challenge presented the prefect opportunity to do this. in less than 2 months they decided what they wanted to do and when , got sponsors, walkers, the event, place, food, music and shirts made!!! I had nothing to do with this except it was in honor of my sweet son Micah.

In the few weeks they were putting this together there was a lot going on in our household. First my other son, Joseph was sick, then I got sick the same time my husband got sick. Then as most of you know Micah got sick and had to go to the hospital for 4 days right before the walk. He was not able to go because his right lung just still isn't all better and putting him in and around all the people and in the heat was not a good idea.



(Micah in the hospital)
The turnout was amazing, I still cant believe it. We had over 100 walkers and I think we raised over $10,000!!!!!! Yeah! I got to see so many people I haven't seen in a while and got to meet some new wonderful people. Bill and Victoria were there with the beautiful Miss Gwendolyn and I got to meet grandma and auntie. I had so much fun! I had no idea so many people loved my son and were willing to support us as we try to cure this awful monster.

Joseph and Daddy were way up ahead of us the whole walk because we brought the Monster wagon. I walked in the back with The Strong crew and I had a great time. Our friend and Micah's nurse, Danielle was there with her fiance, John.
I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who even just thought about us. God is amazing and He blessed us this night. Thank you for your support and thoughts and prayers and please continue to pray as Micah continues to heal. OHHH I almost forgot the cakes. We love cake so what better excuse to get two than one for the event and one to say thank you to the people who thought to present the challenge. Thank you Bill and Victoria, you are truly amazing people and we are honored to consider you our friends.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were not there you missed seeing LOVE in action, you missed seeing "GOD" in action!
After the march and while every one was enjoying the wonderful food, music, and fellowship I stood in the back with grandpa Don(Sr.) and we both were just amazed by the turn out. To visabely see the love, hope and the way a small community can come together to fight for the life of this little guy.
Not just to fight for Micah but for his family and for Gwendalin and her family.
A fight that in hopes future families may never have to step into this battelfield.
We Love you guys. a.b.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios