Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just playin'


So we had a great night on Wednesday with our friends. They came over to visit and have dinner with us. Joseph loves to play with their kids Caleb and Jackson. Right off the bat I hear Joseph start to cry, they were sword fighting!!! I forget that these kids need to be told that swinging a hard plastic stick at another kid is not really a good Idea. Anyways Joseph got hit in the eye while they were sword fighting and it didn't look very bad at first. Later I noticed his eye getting redder and I knew I better take him to the doctor in the morning. Thursday I took him to the doctor and he has a big scratch in his eye. When the doctor tells you he really whacked his eye hard you know it was a good one. What now, eye drops to keep it from getting infected 4 times a day for 7 days, I laugh because I know what it is like to get eye drops in a 3 3/4 year old's eye.

2 comments:

harrells said...

oh no!! I am so sorry!!! I feel awful:( can we please pay for the eye drops??!!

hestermom said...

Here are our "sword"/ weapon rules:
1. You can't hit/shoot/fight/touch anyone who isn't playing.
2. Swords can only hit other swords, not bodies or things.
3. My personal favorite (from the wisdom of Spiderman)
With great power, comes great responsibility. This covers a lot of things. =)
But it is so fun to sword fight, you gotta love it!!!

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios